The teen years are an important time to learn “who you are,” how to have healthy relationships, and to develop sound-decision making skills. It is normal for your teen to make immature decisions. However, when your teen starts making self-destructive choices…It is time to get professional help. As a parent, are you feeling crushed by your teen’s behavior? If you have noticed a drastic change in behavior…you can’t afford to wait. Therapy can help families handle challenges early and set the teen on a path of success for the future.
In our counseling sessions you can expect a non-judgmental, supportive environment where we all work together for the benefit of the entire family.
As an experienced child and family therapist, I understand how difficult it can be to find resources and help for your teen who is struggling emotionally and seeing a downward spiral in their behavior. Are you concerned about your teen’s low self-esteem, depression, or anxiety? My work with teens who are experiencing difficulty emotionally is to assist them in finding new ways to manage stress and to find healthy coping skills. I am committed to helping families become healthy, happy and experience a more fulfilling life.
You are here for a reason…seeking a solution to a problem in your teen’s life. Everyone struggles with the challenges of life and everyone can use some help once in a while to get through a difficult period. The goal is to empower your teen to navigate through the difficulties, learn new ways to cope and live a more satisfying life.
Concerns that bring a teen to therapy include:
- Feeling out of control, you have “tried everything and nothing works”
- Being unsure how to handle isolation, disrespect, non-compliance or poor communication
- Anger or physical aggression
- Worry or fear (anxiety)
- Transitions, such as divorce, remarriage/blended families, moving or changing schools
- Drop in grades or complaints from teachers
- Difficulty staying focused or concentrating (ADHD)
- Desire to be a better parent or improve communication in the family
Get started now…I look forward to connecting with you!